Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 6.
- 8 russet (baking) potatoes (about ½ pound each), scrubbed, patted dry, and rubbed with olive oil
- olive oil, for brushing the potato skins
- sweet paprika, for sprinkling the potato skins
- fine sea salt or coarse salt, for sprinkling the potato skins
- sour cream, as an accompaniment if desired
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and bake them in the middle of a preheated 425°F oven for 1 hour.
- Let the potatoes cool, halve them lengthwise, and scoop them out, leaving a ¼-inch shell and reserving the potato pulp for another use.
- Cut each shell lengthwise into 6 strips and arrange the strips on a baking sheet.
- Brush the strips with the oil, sprinkle them with paprika, the salt, and pepper to taste, and bake them in the middle of the preheated 425°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve the potato skins with the sour cream.