Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Ceafa de porc (garf) la cuptor
- a piece of pork (approx. 4 lbs / 2 kg)
- 3 – 4 juniper berries
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a few coriander berries
- a little shortening
- Do not wash the meat but dry it with a wet cloth.
- Salt it, rub with minced garlic and the spices.
- Set in a bowl and leave for 3 – 4 hours.
- Then spread some paprika on top of the meat and place in a lard greased pan.
- Place in the oven at high heat for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Keep in the oven for 1½ hours.
- During roasting, baste with the liquid in the pan.
- Slice, arrange on the serving platter, pour some liquid from the pan (strained) over it and serve with french fries, lettuce or pickled peppers or cucumbers.
- It may be served cold, sliced more thinly.