In Romanian: Mamaliga cu ochiuri
- 1½ qts / 1½ l milk
- cornmeal as needed to make a medium soft polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- a few eggs
- Set the milk to boil and add, gradually, as much corn meal to make a medium soft polenta.
- When it is cooked, add 2 tablespoons each of butter, sour cream and grated cheese.
- butter a heat resistant glass dish, place the polenta inside and smooth the top.
- Then, with a buttered spoon, make holes (nests) the size of an egg.
- Break an egg inside of each nest.
- Sprinkle with salt, add a few slivers of butter and place in the oven, until the egg whites are set.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also serve this in individual ramekins.