Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- Heat Oven to 400°F.
- Cook and stir meat in a large skillet until brown then drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in half of the tomato sauce and the oregano leaves into the meat mixture
- Heat to boiling and reduce and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is simmering mix the baking mix, egg and milk.
- Measure out ¾ cup of the batter and set aside.
- Spread the remaining batter in a greased baking rectangular baking pan and pour remaining sauce over batter, spreading evenly.
- Layer 4 slices of the cheese, the meat mixture, the mushrooms and the remaining cheese on top of the batter and tomato sauce.
- Spoon the reserved batter on the top of the cheese and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares.