Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: approximately 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yields: ~ 9 servings
This simple recipe is a favorite during the holidays. You could consider it a casserole or a kind of bread pudding and serve it either as a side dish or as a dessert with some vanilla ice cream on top. It's best served warm, but it's delicious cold too.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 5 slices white bread, cubed or torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1 x 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple with juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium-sized casserole dish. I use a 9" square pyrex pan when making this.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together. This will go much easier if you have an electric mixer and bring the butter to room temperature (65 – 67°F) before starting.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. It will help to bring these to room temperature too so they don't harden the butter when you mix them in.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Fold in bread and crushed pineapple until fully incorporated and bread is no longer dry. Careful not to fold too much or the bread might get mushy.
- Transfer the mixture to your baking dish and bake for 60 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Feel free to sprinkle more cinnamon and nutmeg or even some powdered sugar on top before serving. Enjoy! keep leftovers refrigerated.