Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 large Pears, halved
- 25g/1oz Chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 25g/1oz Soften butter
- ½ teasp Ground cinnamon
- For the syrup
- 225g/8oz granulated sugar
- 240ml/8fl.oz. water
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish. Halve the Pears lengthways, remove the cores and place in one layer, cut sides up in the ovenproof dish.
- Place the walnuts, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture between the Pear halves, sprinkle over 1-2 tablespoons of water and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring then continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- When the Pears are cooked, remove from the oven and pour the hot syrup over the top.
- Set aside to cool. Serve cold.