- onions - 4 large each weighing 225-275 g (8-10 oz),
- Long grain rice - 150 g (5 oz),
- hazelnuts - 50 g (2 oz),
- Salted peanuts - 50 g (2 oz),
- tomatoes - 225 g (8 oz) roughly chopped,
- Cheddar Cheese - 110 g (4 oz) grated,
- Dried basil - tsp,
- Dried oregano - tsp,
- turmeric - 1 tsp.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
2. Boil the onions in their skins for 45-50 minutes until very tender. Drain and leave to cool.
7. Divide the stuffing between each Onion, pressing it well into the centre. Place in a roasting tin, cover and bake for about 40 minutes. Serve hot.