Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Corn Flakes: Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cored
- 7 ounces corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon regular or seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 4 eggs
- Cut each onion into 4 thick slices.
- Separate slices into rings reserving small rings for other uses.
- Combine cereal, salt, sugar, and paprika.
- Divide coating mixture into two small bowls.
- Beat eggs until soft peaks have formed.
- Dip half of onion rings into beaten eggs and then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Place in a single layer on oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings and second bowl of crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes until crisp.
- Serve warm.