Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Pulpa de berbec la tava
- Wash and remove excess fat.
- Debone the meat.
- Rub it with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Then interlard with pieces of bacon and garlic cloves.
- Roll the meat and tie with string.
- Place in the roasting pan which was greased with lard, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water, a tablespoon of lard, wine or vinegar and set in the oven at high heat until it starts to brown.
- Then reduce heat to medium.
- Every now and then, baste with the liquid in the pan.
- When the meat is cooked, take out of the pan, remove the strings and cut into medium thick slices.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water to the sauce in the pan, let boil for a couple of minutes and then pour over the meat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed carrots.
- This roast is also excellent cold.