In Romanian: Pulpa de berbec la tava
- Wash and remove excess fat.
- Debone the meat.
- Rub it with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Then interlard with pieces of bacon and garlic cloves.
- Roll the meat and tie with string.
- Place in the roasting pan which was greased with lard, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water, a tablespoon of lard, wine or vinegar and set in the oven at high heat until it starts to brown.
- Then reduce heat to medium.
- Every now and then, baste with the liquid in the pan.
- When the meat is cooked, take out of the pan, remove the strings and cut into medium thick slices.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water to the sauce in the pan, let boil for a couple of minutes and then pour over the meat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed carrots.
- This roast is also excellent cold.