This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 small sugar pumpkin per person
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off top of pumpkin and scrape out all seeds and strings.
- Place butter and brown sugar inside the pumpkin and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put pumpkin lid back on and place pumpkin in baking pan with a little water.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the pumpkin.