Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup butter, softened, plus extra butter (for buttering parchment)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- 9 ounces red azuki bean paste (tsubushian) or koshian (about ½ can)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F line baking sheet with buttered parchment.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugar; add flour and mix well.
- Form dough into 2-inch balls.
- Flatten each ball slightly and place 1 tablespoon of an in the center.
- Fold dough over an and pinch the ends together.
- Place filled dough balls on baking sheets, seam side down (smooth side up).
- Brush tops with egg.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top.