Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 2.
- 2 tsp margarine, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups cooked macaroni
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- dash red pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small nonstick skillet heat 1 tspmargarine until bubbly and hot.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent (do not brown).
- In bottom of 1-qt casserole spread ¾ cup of macaroni.
- Top with 1½ oz cheese, then half the sautéed onion.
- Repeat layers.
- In small bowl combine milk, egg, salt, and pepper, mixing well.
- Pour over macaroni mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
- Dot with remaining margarine and bake until set, 20 – 25 minutes. Do not overcook.