- 1 lb. short pastry
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 1 lb. minced beef
- 8 oz. peeled tomatoes
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 oz. grated cheese
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 1/4 pt. water
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 tsp.dried basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fry the Onion, add the basil, add the minced Beef fry till it is cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- Cook for a few seconds. Slowly add the water and simmer till the Beef is tender.
- Boil the macaroni, drain and cool. Chop the hard boiled eggs.
- Mix everything and season. Roll the pastry into a greased dish.
- Pour the mixture and cover with the pastry. Brush the top with egg wash.
- Cook in a moderate to hot oven.