Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie’s Collection. Notation on card said it was a family favorite and served at many Sunday dinners. Dated 1942.
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4-cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1-tablespoon molasses
- 1-cup sour cream
- Soak limas overnight in water.
- Drain and cover with fresh water.
- Add 1-teaspoon salt and cook 40 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under hot water.
- Place in medium casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Mix brown sugar, dry mustard and remaining salt together and sprinkle over beans.
- Stir in molasses.
- Cover with sour cream.
- Mix lightly and bake at 350 for 1 hour.