Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb dried lima beans
- 1 t salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 C corn syrup
- 1 large bottle catsup
- 1/8 t pepper
- Place beans in large kettle; add water to cover. Let stand overnight.
- Add salt and onion. Bring to a boil; cover kettle.
- Reduce heat; simmer until beans are tender, adding boiling water as needed.
- Chop 3 slices bacon;
- Add chopped bacon, corn syrup, catsup and pepper to beans.
- Pour into large baking dish; arrange several slices bacon over top.
- Bake at 250 F for 2 hours and 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Contributed by: Edit
Cookbook: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking
Author: Editors of Favorite Recipes Press
Typed By: Susan firstname.lastname@example.org