- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Wash meat under hot running water; dry well.
- Prick in several places.
- Combine seasoning; rub all over meat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large enameled Dutch oven.
- Add meat and brown over medium heat on one side.
- Scoop up with spatula and turn.
- Add remaining oil and minced ingredients.
- Stir and cook with meat until mixture browns lightly.
- Pour off any fat.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce with tomato juice, wine and ½ cup of stock.
- Pour around sides of pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and bake in center of oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn and baste.
- Re-cover and bake for 1 hour longer, turning and basting every 20 minutes (add some of the remaining stock if liquid evaporates before cooking is completed).
- Stir salt into sauce; then spoon over meat.
- Serve on warmed individual plates sprinkled with basil or dill.