- 12 cups (3 litres) water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons (6 ml) salt
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- and cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Barbados
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) freshly ground
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) golden syrup
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) castor sugar
- (used as topping)
- 1 cup (250 ml) miniature marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Bring the water, seasoned with 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the salt, to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the potatoes. Boil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the butter, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt, the cinnamon, nutmeg, Barbados, pepper, pecans and syrup and mash.
- Pour into a casserole. Sprinkle the top with the Plantation Raw Sugar and the marshmallows. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the marshmallows melt and turn light brown. Serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.