Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, cooked
- 1 lb garlic sausage or smoked link sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced fresh
- ½ lb Jarlsberg cheese, sliced,cut into strips
- Peel cooled potatoes and dice; place in a large bowl.
- Brown sausage in butter or margarine in a skillet; remove with a slotted spoon to bowl with potatoes.
- Sauté onion in the same skillet until limp.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, salt and dry mustard and stir into drippings; continue to stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water, vinegar.
- Stir and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add celery, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in parsley.
- Pour over potatoes and sausage; gently mix together.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a shallow greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Layer with half of the cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake in a preheated 350°f oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is barely melted.
- Serve warm.