- ⅔ cup cottage cheese, low fat
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 large egg white
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slice whole grain bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor or blender, whirl the cottage cheese, milk, sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish, place the bread in it, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Turn the bread over and let stand another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet and place it in the preheated oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, place the bread on it, and bake for 6 minutes.
- Turn the bread over and bake 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn the bread and bake 5 to 6 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutritional information Edit
Cal 149 | fat 3 g | sodium 369 mg | cholesterol 55 mg | cal from fat 18%