Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Menu and Recipes Week 3/25/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 3 – 4 tbsp olive oil
- 9 cups beef broth
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices provolone
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- Bake bread pieces 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisped.
- Set aside.
- Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat until onions become translucent but not brown.
- Add minced garlic cloves to onions during last few minutes making sure garlic does not brown.
- Stir in beef broth and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 – 40 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Ladle the soup into ovenproof serving bowls.
- Cover soup with slice of bread.
- Top with provolone cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place serving bowls under broiler set on high.
- Broil 6 – 7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and has some browning.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.