Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A European way to prepare baked fish using white fish and a cheese sauce. Very easy and very good.
- 1½ pounds fish fillets, use orange roughy, sole or snapper
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- ¼ pound Swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F to 375°F.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add fish fillets to baking dish.
- Pour ½ cup milk over fish fillets.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Make the white sauce by melting the butter, adding the flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in the 1 cup milk and cook until sauce is smooth and thickened. Keep warm.
- Whisk in the sherry.
- Remove baked fish from oven after the baking time has finished.
- Nap with white sauce.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top of sauce and fish.
- Broil until golden.
- Tip: Use a broiler proof baking dish.
- Use care when removing fish from oven.
- Use care when broiling the fish.
- Things You'll Need:
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Broiler proof baking dish
- Oven mitts