- one pound of filleted fish (fillet of sole is good)
- one large Eggplant (aubergine, or Guinea squash), (or several small ones), peeled and diced
- a few fresh tomatoes, chopped; or one can stewed tomatoes
- one Onion, chopped
- one cup water
- cayenne pepper or red pepper, black pepper, salt
- Combine Eggplant, Onion, tomatoes, spices, and water in large pot. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and mash.
- oil baking pan with oil. Place half of the vegetable mash into pan. Layer fish over vegetables. Top with remaining mashed vegetables. Bake until fish is fully done. (If you are afraid it might burn, cover it with foil.)
- Serve with Baton de manioc / Chikwangue, or Fufu, and African Hot Sauce.