For fish lovers! Serve up a red-hot treat with seafood and vegetables cooked to divine perfection. Make baked fish and chips tastier by sprinkling with tomatoes and mangoes.
- 4 large red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. sea salt, reserving 2 teaspoons for fish
- 3 ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, reserving 3 teaspoons for fish
- 4 pieces white fish (i.e. scrod, halibut, pollack)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 large mango, peeled, diced, and drizzled with lime juice
- feathery fennel tops
- Preheat an oven to 425° F.
- In a shallow 2 ½-quart casserole, toss potatoes, fennel, garlic, olive oil, 1 tsp. sea salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Bake uncovered, 45 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender and lightly browned, stirring once. Sprinkle fish with the remaining sea salt and pepper.
- Arrange fish on top of potato mixture; bake 10 – 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Sprinkle with the diced tomato and mango. Garnish with fennel tops. Serve warm and plain.