- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, mint, tarragon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half
- 6 to 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons goat Cheese, crumbled fine
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 450°. Combine herbs and garlic; set aside. In a glass measuring cup, mix butter and cream. Place six 4- to 8-ounce ramekins or ovenproof cups on a baking sheet. Pour butter mixture evenly among ramekins. Bake in preheated oven until bubbly hot, about 1 to 3 minutes.
Remove from oven. To avoid breaking yolks, carefully crack 1 or 2 eggs into a separate cup and gently slide them into a heated ramekin. Top eggs with herb mixture and crumbled Cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining eggs.
Return to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes. eggs should look not quite done; they will continue to cook after removed from oven. Place each ramekin on a plate. Serve immediately with toast.