Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- ¾ pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot or onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt or salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 slices Virginia ham or honey ham (without holes)
- 12 medium eggs
- fresh whole tarragon leaves (for garnish)
- triangles of buttered toast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms and shallot in butter with salt and pepper, stirring, approximately 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid they give off is evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in crème fraîche and tarragon.
- To assemble, fit 1 slice of ham into each prepared muffin cups (ends will stick up and hang over edges of cups).
- Divide mushrooms among cups and crack 1 egg into each.
- Bake in middle of oven approximately 12 to 14 minutes, depending on number of servings being baked.
- Check the eggs after about 10 minutes baking time.
- When done, the whites should be completely set and the yolks beginning to thicken but not hard.
- Season eggs with additional salt and pepper.
- Remove eggs (with ham) from muffin cups carefully, using 2 spoons or small spatulas, and place on individual serving plates.
- Garnish with tarragon leaves triangles of buttered toast leaned on the cups to dip in the yolk as desired.
- Serve two eggs per person.