Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: 2 Dozen
- 2 pk dry yeast
- 1/3 c Warm water
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1/3 c vegetable shortening
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 ts salt
- 2 ts nutmeg
- 2 eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 4 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c Melted butter
- 1 c sugar Mixed W/1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1. Sprinkle The yeast Over The Warm water in a Small Bowl And Let ItDissolve For 5 Minutes. Put The milk And shortening in a Saucepan AndHeat Until The shortening is Melted. Cool to Lukewarm.
- 2. Pour The yeast Mixture Into a Large Mixing Bowl And Add The MilkMix. Stiff in The 1/4 Cup sugar, salt, nutmeg, eggs And 2 Cups flour.Beat Briskly Until Well Blended. Add The Remaining 2 1/2 Cups FlourAnd Beat Until Smooth. Cover The Bowl And Let Double in Bulk, About 1Hour.
- 3. Dust a Board Generously With flour And Turn The Dough Mass OntoIt. This Dough is Soft And Needs Enough flour on The Board to PreventSticking, But is Easy to Handle. Pat The Dough Into a Round About 1/2Inch Thick. Use a 3 Inch Doughnut Cutter And Cut Out The Doughnuts,Placing Them (and The Doughnut Holes) on Greased Baking Sheets, 1Inch Apart. These Don't Spread Much; They Rise. Preheat Oven to 450f.Let The Doughnuts Rest And Rise For 20 Minutes Uncovered. Bake About
- 10 Minutes or a Little Longer, Until They Have a Touch of Golden Brown. Remove From The Oven. Have Ready The Melted butter And aBrush. on a Sheet of Wax Paper, Spread The cinnamon sugar. Brush EachDoughnut And Doughnut Hole With butter And Roll in The cinnamon sugar. Serve Hot.
==contributed by :== * World Recipes Y-Group