Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Scranton Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 pounds bone in chicken pieces
- ¾ teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion cut into ⅓-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread tomatoes on bottom of rectangular baking dish.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 8 minutes turning once.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Reserve skillet and drippings.
- Season chicken pieces with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Cook in another large skillet over high heat 5 minutes turning as needed to brown evenly.
- Arrange chicken over tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook onion slices in reserved bacon drippings 8 minutes.
- Transfer to brown paper bag with slotted spoon.
- Add remaining salt then shake to degrease onions and mix with salt.
- Transfer chicken and tomatoes to serving plate then sprinkle with bacon and onions.