Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts and thighs or 1 whole chicken cut up
- 2 cups diced rhubarb; (½-inch pieces)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- rice for serving
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, rhubarb and water in a saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Cook until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake uncovered in 375 °F oven for 30 minutes.
- Spoon rhubarb sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately with sauce spooned over chicken and hot cooked rice.