Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Scranton Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 chicken breast halves skinned
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 can chicken broth
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then heat over high until hot.
- Add chicken breast halves then brown meat side down for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium high then add wine.
- Stir with flat spatula scraping brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Cook 30 seconds or until slightly reduced then set aside.
- Spray square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add pasta, onions, garlic, parsley, oregano, chicken broth, water and wine mixture and stir.
- Place chicken breasts on top then sprinkle lightly with paprika and lemon pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken then add salt and olive oil to baking pan and mix well.
- Place chicken on top then serve with fresh lemon wedges.