Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves uncooked
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery coarsely chopped
- 10 ounce package frozen sliced carrots
- ½ teaspoon dried sage crushed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine milk and oil then gradually stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well into a dough consistency and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of casserole then cover with onion,celery and carrots.
- Evenly sprinkle sage and pepper over vegetables and pour broth over dish.
- Using the dough mixture form 2-inch balls and drop into casserole.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1½ hours.