Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 8 broiler-fryer chicken parts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- vegetable cooking spray
- 3 apples (cored and sliced)
- In small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, ginger, curry and cinnamon; set aside one-fourth of the mixture (½ teaspoon).
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining spice mixture.
- Spray nonstick frypan with vegetable cooking spray; heat over medium-high temperature.
- Add chicken and cook, turning about 15 minutes or until brown on all sides. Pour off all accumulated oil from pan; set aside.
- To frypan, add water and remaining ½ teaspoon of spice mixture. Stir in reserved drippings.
- In 2-quart baking dish, arrange slices of two apples; top with browned chicken.
- Place remaining apple slices on top. Pour liquid from frypan over all.
- Cover and bake at 350°F. for about 45 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.