- 1 lb ground meat or boneless,skinless chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onion tops, chopped
- 1½ cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste (or sauce for lighter tomato taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cook the meat, onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic in an iron skillet until the meat is done and the vegetables are cooked.
- Drain the grease.
- Place the meat mixture in 13"x9"x2" casserole.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover (foil is fine) and bake 45 minutes to an hour or until rice is tender.