Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an old recipe handed down from my mom, she got it from her mom, etc... Perfect for the wet, windy fall time of the year. Squash is baked in the oven with a mixture of butter, Bacon, maple syrup and rosemary. Super easy, and a real family hit.
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 125 g breakfast bacon, diced
- 1 bunch rosemary, diced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Peel the squash, cut it in half and seed it.
- Turn the cut sides down, and slice into ⅜ inch slices, lengthwise (like a cantaloupe).
- Arrange with the sides down on an oven tray, or baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter, bacon, rosemary and maple syrup together with a fork in a bowl until well blended.
- Room temperature butter makes this a lot easier.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Dollop the butter mixture over the squash, it doesn't have to cover all pieces, it will melt.
- Put it into the oven, uncovered and bake for about 40 minutes or until squash is cooked, and a bit caramelized on top.
- At about 20 minutes, turn the squash over and spoon the melted butter all over.