In Romanian: Varza de Bruxelles la cuptor.
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons milk
- Remove the outer yellow leaves from the sprouts.
- Wash well and set to boil at high temperature in salt water for approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Put a layer of sprouts into a heat resistant dish that was well buttered and sprinkled with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top.
- Pour a little melted butter on top.
- Repeat this procedure until all sprouts are used up.
- Then pour the beaten eggs mixed with milk and salt.
- Bake until golden-brown.
- Serve hot.