Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves: 4 - 6 Edit
- 1 lg. can baked beans, (brand-your choice)
- 2 tsp. butter (margarine)
- 3 slices pork or bacon, rind removed
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbl. molasses or 1/4 cup brn. sugar
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 2 tbl. ketchup
- 2 tsp. worchestere sauce
- Pour beans into 1 or 2 qt casserole dish.
- In a frying pan, add half the butter.
- Slice the pork or bacon into six or eight pieces and fry them in the butter for three or four minutes, turning them over once or twice.
- Transfer the bacon pieces with fat to the casserole dish.
- Mix all other ingrediants together in bowl and pour over the beans. Blend in all ingred. well but gently.
- Cover the dish and bake at 300 deg. for 45 min., adding more water if necessary.
- Remove the casserole cover for the last 15 minutes to brown the top.
- Allow to cool for five minutes, and serve.