This is a simple, flavorful appetizer. Try adding chopped spinach for a tasty variation.
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) package mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil or 6 leaves fresh basil, approximately
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- Process artichokes, onion and garlic in the food processor until smooth (or if you like, until blended, but still have texture).
- In medium sized bowl (or if you're a little lazy like me, right in the medium sized ceramic baking dish), combine remaining ingredients except parsley and bread, reserving 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over artichoke dip, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Serve with crusty French bread slices.