- 4 medium-sized acorn squash
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 8 tablespoons honey
- Fresh ground black pepper, to season
- Slice the squash in half crosswise and scoop out the pulp and seeds. Trim the bottoms.
- Place 2 tablespoons honey in the hollow of each squash.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine to each and a twist or two of fresh ground pepper.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the squash.
- Place squash in a large, shallow baking pan and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees, for about 2 1/2 hours.