Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Lightly grease 28 cm x 11.
- Loaf tins using shortening.
- Heat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cream sugar, shortening and margarine together in a bowl.
- Add flour, salt, grated coconut, cut raisins and cherries, add nutmeg and mix well.
- Add almond essence, grace evaporated milk and enough water so that when mixed, a firm dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into two and fill loaf tins.
- Using a knife, cut a diagonal criss-cross pattern on the top of each loaf and sprinkle sugar over the top (sugar water may be brushed on instead of crystals).
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tins, then turn out and serve sliced.