- Grease loaf pans with shortening and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix with your hands to blend the flour, baking powder,salt,coconut, Sugar and the raisins together in a bowl.
- Then use a mixture adding in the egg, evaporated milk, margarine and almond essence, mixed spices and nutmeg and mix together well until you have a firm dough.
- Divide dough in half and fill loaf pans.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Sugar and 1 tablespoon of hot water and brush mixture over the loaves.
- Bake in center of oven for about 1 hour or until skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans before removing and serving.