- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt to your taste
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- hot sauce to your taste
- 2 lbs, salted Cod fish, cooked and flaked
- 1 large fresh hot pepper ( finely chopped)
- In a heavy frying pan, heat the oil and saute the onions until they are just wilted.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.Make a well in center and pour egg, butter and milk.
- Mix together lightly, then add the onions, eschalot, salted Cod fish, salt and pepper.
- Stir well. Drop by tablespoon full into hot oil, but do not crowd them in the pan.