- 1 2 1/2 to 3 pound frying Chicken cut into piece
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup or more seasoning (chopped)
- garlic, sage, black pepper, kosher salt, thyme
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 Teaspoons poultry seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and clean the Chicken pieces and pat them dry on paper towel.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees in a heavy skillet (cast iron preferably)
- With a sharp knife, score the Chicken pieces and fill each slash with a bit of seasoning poling to ensure that it is well inside the Chicken.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in a paper bag.
- Place the Chicken pieces in the bag and shake until they are well coated.
- Place the Chicken pieces in the hot oil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure that they are golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the Chicken from the oil and drain it on paper towels.