Mashed taro with ginkgo
- Boil ginkgoes with shells in water for 10 minutes, remove shell and membrane.
- Halve and remove central stalks, parboil in hot water.
- Drain out water and seasoned with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Peel and wash taro, cut into thick pieces.
- Steam until fully cooked, still cool, cut into dices.
- Add 1 cup of water, mash it into smooth gruel.
- Heat wok and add lard, fry spring onion, then remove it.
- Pour into ginkgoes and cook in low heat for a while.
- Add mashed taro and sugar, stir fry in low heat for 10 minutes, bowl up and serve.