A Hokkien specialty. A wonderful herbal soup spiced with all those aromatic spices including star anise, cinnamon, cloves and lots of garlic! It is served with Chinese fried bread and goes well with white rice. Cut red chillies in dark soy sauce is served as a dip.
- 750g pork ribs
Spices and herbs Edit
- several whole garlic cloves, do not peel
- 30 wolf berries
- few slices licorice
- several star anise
- several stick cinnamon
- one slice mandarin peel
- one piece tang kui
- 5 - 8 red dates
- several slices chuan xiong
Side dish/Garnish Edit
- First briefly boil the pork in hot water and remove scum, put in the herbs and spices and cook in low heat for several hours.
- Season with soy sauce, use enough dark soy sauce in order to give the soup a nice brown color.
- Garnish with fried shallots and served with yew char kway and chillie sauce.
- white rice maybe served as well.