- 1 kg of semolina flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 liter of tepid milk (a liter is 4.23 cups)
- 1 liter of tepid water
- 2 packets of yeast dissolved in tepid water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Olive oil for cooking
1) Put the flour in a bowl, add the salt, eggs and milk. Blend with your hands to combine the ingredients. Add the yeast. Slowly add the water, you might not need all of it or you may need more. When the batter is loose enough you can use a whisk to break up any lumps. .
2) A ladle that holds 1/2 cup of batter is good for an 8" skillet. Heat the skillet with a bit of olive oil until it starts to smoke, ladle in the batter and smooth out the crepe with the back of the ladle.
3) The pan must be hot otherwise the holes will not form. If the holes do not form your batter is either too thick or the pan is not hot enough. Making baghrir takes a bit of practice.The bottom should be golden.
4) Flip the crepe and cook for just a couple of minutes.