Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 red or green bell peppers
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tomatoes (if they are over ripe, make cross marks on the bottom, put them in boiling water for 1 – 2 minutes, remove, drain, peel, remove the seeds and chop. if you want to be a little fancier with really good tomatoes do the same thing. This is called concasse)
- 1 onion
- ½ tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon spice blend (I used a blend of cumin, turmeric and caraway)
- lots of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional herbs: flat leaf parsley, coriander leaf (cilantro) or fenugreek leaves
- Some cooks throw everything in the pot and cook on medium/low for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Some cooks throw everything into a ceramic vessel and bake covered in the oven for 1 hour 350°F
- Some cooks saute the onions first until caramelized, add the eggplant plus more olive oil, and then the remaining ingredients and cook on medium/low heat for 30 – 40 minutes.