This red-hot pasta dish is mixed with real herbs, cooked with bacon and sausage, and enriched with cheese for white-hot zest. You can cook this with other herbs and spices in pasta on other occasions.
- 2 strips bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 links well-seasoned Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled, browned, and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 6 oz. fettuccini
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- seasoned or plain salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the meats; set aside. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add the cooked bacon, sausage, parsley, basil, and oregano. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccini in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, or firm to the bite, according to the cooking directions; drain.
- Add the fettuccini to the skillet; stir to blend.
- Add the eggs and cheese; sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Stir continuously until eggs coat fettuccini and begin to set in a few places. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve hot.