Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This tasty and full soup made in Canada is worth all the hassle with finding the ingredients
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 leeks, sliced (use mostly white)
- 1 lb butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 qt water
- 1 tbsp chicken base (Minor's) or bouillon cubes (2-3)
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pt heavy cream
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- dash of nutmeg
- Sauté bacon and leeks in a stockpot. Pour off half the bacon grease, and add butter until butter melts.
- Add flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in water, chicken base, potatoes, and cream.
- Add salt, white pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Bake at 325 °F until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven, and cool slightly. Puree mixture until smooth.