Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 slices peppered bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or ½-tablespoon, dried
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy,about 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the pan.
- When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the pan back on the heat and sauté the garlic and onion until they begin to give off their aroma, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the thyme, vinegar, and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Add the olive oil, season with pepper and salt, and blend thoroughly.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring the dressing just to a boil.
- Pour over salad while warm or at room temperature.