This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup fried bacon crisp and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg well beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- Sift together in a wooden mixing bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt then stir in bacon.
- In a separate wooden bowl combine beaten egg, milk and cooled melted bacon grease.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid mixture.
- Stir just enough to lightly blend.
- The mixture should have a rather rough appearance.
- Grease muffin pan and fill ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.