Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup fried bacon crisp and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg well beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- Sift together in a wooden mixing bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt then stir in bacon.
- In a separate wooden bowl combine beaten egg, milk and cooled melted bacon grease.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid mixture.
- Stir just enough to lightly blend.
- The mixture should have a rather rough appearance.
- Grease muffin pan and fill ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.