A fair combination of real bacon and mashed potatoes is made with real cheese and eaten as a side dish.
- 20 lbs. potatoes unpeeled and quartered
- 8 cups ranch salad dressing
- 5 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 9 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. salt
- 5 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cover potatoes with water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce to medium heat.
- Cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- Add dressing, bacon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Beat until fluffy. Mix up cheese. Serve hot.